Monday, April 25, 2011

Open these eyes! I'm a 27 year old blind women!

I'm 27 years old....and a half.  And I often times feel so blind.  I don't wear glasses or contacts, I've never had to feel my way around the house.  As far as I can tell I'm pretty on point with recognizing different shades of colors and yet I am often so incredibly blind.  Everyday, I'm in and out of peoples lives.  We're all connected, Facebook and other social networks along with the ever so convenient smart phone have made sure of that.  Of course their are several advantages and disadvantages but one thing I've noticed about how we're "connected and relate" we often miss out on meaningful relationships.  This week I have decided that above all else, I want to truly walk with the Lord.  My hunger for that personal time with the Father has been amplified but more that that my desire to SEE has also increased. I"m tired of looking through my physical eyes, these bad boys only allow me to see so much.  The eyes of my heart are the ones I long to look through, the eyes that see to the heart of other individuals.  To their hurts and their needs, I'm so incredibly tired of looking in the mirror and only seeing myself.  I posted a status last night on my facebook about if anyone needed prayer request to please email me, I truly want to focus on others needs....the responses I got nearly drove me to tears.  My heart broke as I not only read the needs of my friends past and present, but to know that how "connected" we are....we'll were really not at all.  Father forgive me for being so self consumed to not hear or see the burdens of those around me.  We're all in this together team, and if we take some time and choose to put our own "to-do" lists aside for just a moment we might see that those around us need some help! :)  We are mightier together, and I'm so thankful that even for just today I can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment